Best blogs about Greek language
No inspiration lately. And that is because I am not quite sure what subjects are the most relevant for a blog about Greek language. I decided today to make a post about the best blogs about the Greek language. My purpose is to mention also these ones that are written in Greek …actually most of them are in Greek. They are of general linguistic interest and not only how to learn Modern Greek. There is also a big interest for biblical Greek for people who aim to read the Bible in the original Greek text.
Some of them have posts both in Greek and English. I will consider these ones as written in English. So, the list goes as following :
- Micheal Palmer blog about Hellenistic Greek (English)
- ΕΝ ΕΦΕΣΩ , Mike Aubrey , about Ancient and Hellenistic Greek (English)
- Ελληνιστεύκοντος, an occasional blog on Greek linguistics (English)
- Linguarium , Dr Moshe’s blog (some posts are in English)
- Yannis Haris (Greek)
- Foivos Panagiotidis , Γλωσσογραφίες (Greek)
- Neostipoukeitos (Greek)
- Ιστολόγιο , (both in English and Greek)
- Περιγλώσσιο, (Greek)
- Οι λέξεις έχουν τη δική τους ιστορία, my favourite Greek blog by Nikos Sarantakos (Greek)
This is a first very short list that I can mention sharply. I am sure that you have much more to add on this list and I would be happy if you did so in the comments below…Surely more blogs about Greek language in English are needed and that ‘s why I will try to update this list soon and in a regular basis.